Monday, March 7 is Gracelyn’s six month birthday! (Begin your singing now.) It’s amazing how fast the time has flown, as I know all you parents completely understand. Our girl’s been doing some amazing things so we thought we’d share a few with you so you too can celebrate her journey of discovery and learning.
Gracelyn enjoyed her first “solid food” meal of mashed banana and breast milk on February 10. She’s eaten solid food once per week since then, and her diet has also included avocados and breast milk.
- She’s been turning back to belly/belly to back and scooting backwards consistently since her five-month birthday. She can do 360 degree turns and also now scoots sideways and lunges forward. Full-fledged crawling isn’t far off.
- She’s been sitting up unaided for a week or so now and likes to grab Bruce’s fingers to stand upright, then take a few tentative steps.
Gracelyn is already doing yoga poses, including the cobra. In addition, she managed to get her toes in her mouth to celebrate her five month birthday and has been savoring them ever since.
- She giggles and laughs a lot, especially when Shonnie plays peek-a-boo and other games with her.
- She lights up every time one of our cats enters the room, especially when it’s Bandit, and the kitties have been very loving when she wants to pet them.
Gracelyn participated in her first swim lesson last week at the Y and really enjoyed being in the pool with us and the other babies and their parents. It was recommended that we fully submerge her at one point in the class, but we decided to wait a bit on that one.
- Bruce has started giving Gracelyn a baby massage every night, which seems to help her ease into bedtime.
- Shonnie and Gracelyn have been going to story time at the local public libraries every week. Gracelyn really enjoys the songs and movement, especially “riding the horsie.”
We’re so blessed and having a great time living our lives and learning new things each day. We thank you each for sharing this journey with us and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays.